All Posts Tagged: Education
One of my personal heroes is Isaac Asimov, he was a great scientist and an author of more than 500 books. He said: “Self-education is the only education there is.”
So, let’s look at the problems of self-education.
Some people think they are not smart enough to learn by themselves or they have a fear of learning, others think they can not learn, that is expensive or simply they just think they can’t learn.
Einstein said education is not about learning facts but about training the mind to think. What are the problems with education?
Modern education is not teaching students to be creative.
There is no training to be independent thinkers or to be imaginative or to be compassionate. Students need to feel others pain to help them with their needs.
Start thinking about what is our place in the unique. Help think about what they are doing on this planet.
We all have success in us. How do we achieve it?
- Get out in nature.
- Practice brainstorming.
- Have a pen and paper with you all times.
One needs to be willing to be creative and they need to exercise it. Einstein used his imagination to be successful. He imagined sitting in bus and travel at speed of light.
In order to harness your creativity:
- Sit in a quiet room.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Picture yourself in a forest. Walk and listen. Touch plants.
Here are steps to cultivate compassion.
- Everyone morning and sit in three minutes of silence.
- Find common points with others.
- Imagine other people’s pain and suffering and see how to help them.
- Volunteer at a charity. Use time and creativity to help others.
- Think about what is my role in universe? It gives perspective on what you will be doing on Earth. It helps one think big!